Sunday, December 27, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

So it's been almost 2 weeks since I originally uploaded these pics to the blog and now I am finally getting around to writing about them. In my defense this holiday season has been insane. We traveled for Thanksgiving, then 2 weeks later our friends the Esplins were in town for a visit and then the day they left I flew with both kids by myself to Pittsburgh to celebrate Christmas with my family. Then I came home and a week later Netta and I flew to Utah for my sister Meghan's wedding and now a week from tomorrow the whole family flies to Pittsburgh for the reception. I get tired just thinking about it.
Anyway, on the the actual post. We didn't have much time between Thanksgiving in Utah and taking off for Pittsburgh, but we tried to do as much Christmas stuff as we could. I love gingerbread houses, but EZ isn't much help with those and I am not very artistic, so this year we opted for the easier gingerbread tree. EZ really got into helping and Netta really got into the icing. Here is EZ showing off the finished product.



The whole time EZ was decorating, Netta was sucking the icing right out of the tube. That's my girl.


Of course we decorated this fabulous tree that my roommate Sarah and I bought my junior year of college, about 7 years ago. It might not be the fanciest tree, but it is the perfect size for the kids. Just tall enough so I can put some fragile ornaments on top and the kids can't reach them.

We have discovered that Netta loves ornaments. Thank goodness we stocked up on shatter-proof ones last year. Here she is escaping with one. She basically dismantled the tree on a daily basis. For some reason her favorite thing was to fill her little shopping cart with ornaments and disperse them around the house.

We also had a Christmas party at Church with dinner, singing and Santa Clause. The kids got dressed in their Christmas best. Well the best Christmas stuff I could throw together. Of course Netta has the cuter outfit. Let's face it there are just way more cute clothes for girls than boys.

I was excited that Santa made an appearance at the party, but the kids weren't so much. EZ refused to even wait in line to see him and then Netta I think naively waited in line with us and then wigged out when she realized we were going to try to maker her sit on the lap of some strange man.

2 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Mmm, sucking the icing out of the tube, Netta sounds like my kind of girl!

Maile said...

I LOVE the gingerbread tree! Our gingerbread house (out of graham crackers) collapsed the next day. I need to try to remember to try the tree next year.