Sunday, May 22, 2011

Easter Extravaganza

Easter was quite the event this year with 3 different celebrations. First we had an egg hunt at the Church that runs EZ's preschool. Sadly the pictures are on my phone and I am so behind on blogging that I am not going to take the time to upload them, but it was really fun. There were an insane amount of eggs. Oh and one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed happened thanks to that egg hunt. While we were there I saw Netta pick up this little white egg with black spots and I thought "that is probably a real egg" so I told her to put it back on the ground. Well later that day EZ came to me saying he "ate something yuck" and I looked in his hand and saw remnants of that little white and black shell, so I told him to spit it out and sure enough he spit out a bunch of shell and what was clearly an egg yolk. I guess Netta didn't put it back on the ground after all!
The next week our Church put on an awesome egg hunt/party. There was face painting, cookie decorating and a cake walk as well. The whole time I couldn't believe how they had pulled together such an amazing party with just a bunch of people volunteering to bring supplies and help run the activities. The face painting was a huge hit with my kids. Netta kept going back for more.
EZ was a content to just have one cheek done.

My dad was actually able to join us thanks to one of his work trips and of course that made it all the better. Uncle Casey and Aunt Sarah also joined us for some egg dying. After that EZ, Netta and Casey put their own rock band together. Gotta love the capes!

My dad had to leave Easter morning, but there was enough time for him to watch the kids find their baskets. In honor of my grandma, who used to do an egg hunt for us and put random things like underwear and tights in the eggs, EZ and Netta each got to hunt for some special eggs filled with underwear. EZ thought it was the funniest thing. He just couldn't believe that the Easter bunny would fill a bunch of eggs with underwear!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: