Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Diva Dash

Back in February I was reading Shape magazine and stumbled upon an ad for the first annual Diva Dash in Austin to be held in April. It is a 5k with obstacles every half mile or so and it is to raise money for a charity that promotes self esteem building for girls. Sarah is a runner and I am not, but I thought it would be fun to train for something to help get rid of some of the baby weight and it would be awesome to run it with my sister. I did my best to prepare at the gym and all and all I think we did a pretty good job. They didn't do a good job tracking times but we are guessing we came in at around 39 minutes. Sarah probably could have finished faster, but she was kind enough to hang around for me. The time is nothing stellar, but it is faster than I was expecting. There were moments when I got a little depressed thinking about how I ran cross country in high school and how slow I am now, but seeing as how I haven't actually run a 5k in like 8 years I think it was pretty good. It was hotter than Hades, which was something I was not prepared for after doing most of my training in the gym and I would definitely not sign up to run any later in the year than April, but it was actually kind of fun and at least helped build my self esteem a bit. That and we got free stuff. haha. Here is a pic, which as you can probably guess by our red faces, was taken after we finished the race.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Good job on training for and completing the race! You look great, even post race:)

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Wow that is amazing. I seriously don't think I could ever run a 5K. And, wowzers you look incredibile!! It seems to be harder to work out when you have kiddos running around.

Sarah said...

Awesome job! Way to go!