Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Meeting Lucy

While my dad and Winston were here visiting, my sister Meghan was busy giving birth to her baby girl Lucy. Pretty much as soon as I knew she was pregnant, I knew that I wanted to go visit and help her out when the baby was born. Of course John is awesome and was totally on board for me taking off for a long weekend. I also have an awesome sister and friends here that were willing to help out with the kiddies. I was lucky enough to get there when she was 6 days old. Obviously, King got to come with me. I am so excited that finally one of my kid's is going to have a cousin the same age on my side of the family. Here is a pic of King and Lucy meeting for the very first time. Can you tell he is older?

The poor girl had jaundice and had to be on a billy bed when we first got there. Luckily, it didn't last the whole time and I got to have plenty of chances to hold her.

On top of getting to meet Lucy and help out Meghan, I got to hang out with my sister Katie. Her husband was out of town part of the time and we stayed at her place so we had some good girl time.
King seemed to really take a liking to Lucy. So much so that he king of kept trying to rip her face off whenever he got close enough. Luckily, we were able to get this really cute picture before he attacked.
I wish I could have stayed longer, but it was an awesome trip. I admittedly got a little teary-eyed when it was time to go. It's hard to be so far from family, but luckily the sisters will be reuniting in January for a girl's weekend and of course Lucy will be joining us!

1 comment:

candice said...

What a cute little baby! My sister's kids are like my own, so I can totally relate to wanting to be there with your sister. You are so lucky that you got a break from your own to go! ;)

Your kids are adorable, got a total kick out of Netta's dance outfit. Love it.