Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Random Happenings

Just wanted to post about some of the random happenings in our lives as of late. Nothing photo worthy or super special, but I still think worth recording and sharing. So here we go:

Netta
1. Eats everything and I mean everything. The other day she was airing her bum out after a diaper change and pooped on the floor, ate some of it, and then threw up all over the place. It was disgusting and hilarious at the same time, although not all that fun to clean up.
2. Does not learn lessons well. Immediately after throwing up she attempted to eat a crayon. She loves crayons and the other day I found her storing them in her cheeks.
3. Finally has started pulling herself up to standing. She isn't cruising yet, but I am glad she is showing some desire to break away from the floor. I am not necessarily in a hurry for her to walk, but I don't know how I feel about both my kids being late walkers. The doctor said if it ruins in the family then there is less to worry about, but that actually makes me feel worse. I breed lazy children.

EZ
1. Started swimming lessons on Monday and it did not go so well. Spent about half the time screaming his head of and he is the oldest one in the class by far. I kept pointing that out to him, but I don't know how much shame/embarrassment works at his age.
2. Tuesday EZ decided to put on this man pants and things went much better at swim lessons. They changed from a girl teacher to a guy and I don't know if that is what did it but EZ was much more cooperative and was again today.

John
1. Still working hard at Dell. The economy obviously makes everyone a little nervous, especially when you are the new guy, but so far things seem to be looking good for him.
2. Loved by the kids. As soon as he walks in the door the kids are all over him, which is fine by me.

Me
1. The main thing I have been working on lately is weight loss. As with most women, after my first kid I bounced back pretty decently, but not so much after the second. As soon as Netta was weaned I knew I had to get serious and I have been counting calories and trying to work out regularly for the past 3 months. So far I have lost about 15 pounds and I am actually back to my pre-baby and almost pre-marriage weight. Now, my body may not exactly look like it did before kids, but some damage is probably irreversible without major surgery. At times I could cry when I think about how nice my stomach looked before, and to think I hated it back then too. If I only knew then what I do know.

4 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

I was never satisfied with my body either, even in high school when I was really thin. Why can't we as women just be happy with our body?!

That's awesome that you've been losing weight! And the updates on your kids are hilarious!

Cynthia said...

love the updates.
Poor Netta- that is so gross that she ate her own poop. But it does make me feel better because you were at my house when my daughter smeared her poop in her room. Now you know that kids are just crazy!

And congrats on the weightloss! That is always a nice feeling to get your body closer to what it was before you had kids. Of course, like you said, it will NEVER be the same.

Sparkle Mama said...

It was great to see ya today :)

You were not kidding about Netta eating EVERYthing! Oh my!

Ha ha... I know what you mean about not appreciating your body when it was younger and hotter and now you would give anything for that body!

Sparkle Mama said...

p.s. you look great and you have inspired me to get serious about loosing weight!