Thursday, January 22, 2015

November Fun

I had big plans of going to one of the pumpkin farms here and getting the kids awesome pumpkins, but then we everyone throwing up and John have surgery that all went out the window. When we finally did get around to carving pumpkins it was already November and all we had were little ones that our friends Jon and Elise had let the kids paint when we went to their house to visit. The paint had peeled off so voila tiny carving pumpkins. 






I just realized that since I didn't take pictures when we went to visit those guys, I didn't blog about it. Well they are friends we have from MSU and John actually officiated their wedding. They visited us once when we were in Austin and they were in Nebraska. Well then they moved back to Michigan and we thought we would never see them again, but surprise now we are back and it was so fun to get together with them. They live on the other side of the state by Ann Arbor, so it is a bit of a drive, but totally worth it.
And next we have yes a lovely picture of King's butt. I just had to document his recent obsession with his own behind. He insisted that I take this picture and also take a video. I am not sure how long this will last, but for the sake of him making friends, hopefully not too long ;)


The kids had November 13th and 14th off for parent teacher conferences. I had mixed feelings about this, because my teachers did their conferences earlier in the week after school and I did not like have 2 days off like that so close to Thanksgiving. I would much rather have just had all of Thanksgiving week off since we always travel. Would it really be that big of a deal to make the days off later in the month? Especially since they aren't really used for very many conferences? Anyway, the kids of course didn't mind at all. We got our first real snow that the kids could play in and I was afraid that this was going to be the start of a nasty winter, but luckily it was just a one day thing.





The kids love playing on the trampoline in the snow and I love seeing Conrad going flying all over the place. I repeatedly tried to pull him off, because I was sure he was going to get launched off the side, but he refused to be moved and luckily managed to stay on the trampoline the entire time. 


The kids were super excited about getting to go to Steak n Shake. As seems to be the case a lot of the time when it comes to restaurants, I did not share their enthusiasm, but I have to give that place credit for being the only sit down restaurant that provides enough activities to keep my kids in their seats the entire time.


After Steak n Shake we went to check out the bounce house in the mall. I hadn't really gone into the mall before it was actually pretty depressing. There are so many empty stores and nothing in the food court. The kids liked the bounce house, but they really need to work on some logistical things there since the closest bathroom was on the other side of the mall. Not the best idea when you have a bunch of kids who don't always give you much warning before they are about to pee their pants. Luckily, someone has bought the mall and is trying to revamp it so here's hoping it will be getting better soon.



No comments: