Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy Halloween

Of course we had a bunch of Halloween activities this year. We kicked things off with our church's Trunk of Treat. We searched pinterest for some cute cupcakes to bring and came up with these Frankensteins. King and Conrad just kept say in high pitched voices "They are so cute!"


The Primary Presidency was in charge of the event and since I am the second counselor that means I spent a lot of time running around like a crazy person and didn't get any pictures of my kids or John and I. Luckily, one of activities was a photo op so we were able to get some pics after all. (Not sure if I blogged about this before but a couple of weeks after we moved here we got called into the Bishop's office to receive callings and I honestly thought they would be really small since no one knew who we were, but to my surprise I got called into the Primary Presidency. It's been a blast although I am still trying to memorize the names of all 100 kids. It's huge).


I have to say that I was pretty proud of John's and my costumes. The track suits were a sweet steal at a church rummage sale. 



King had a Halloween party at school, but unfortunately this is the second year in a row he has missed it because a stomach bug has hit the house. October must not be a good month for us. This year it all started when we got a call from the office at school saying Netta needed a change of pants. I assumed she had maybe peed her pants, but when I got there she informed me that she had farted and poop came out. Lovely. So we took her home and within hours she was throwing up and then that evening I started puking and then to top it all off King woke up in the middle of the night blowing oats. John was having eye surgery later that week so he couldn't risk getting sick, which meant I got to clean it all up. What fun! Luckily, by Friday everyone was better so Halloween wasn't completely ruined. Well it was somewhat ruined for poor King again because it decided to turn freezing cold and start to hail/snow. We went downtown to Trick or Treat at the local businesses right after school, but King was freaking out about the cold so we didn't last very long.


I wasn't sure if Conrad would like to use Netta's old Baby Jaguar costume, since King never did, but he is obsessed with it. In fact, when he saw me writing this blog post he insisted on putting it on again. (Poor runt Conrad. Part of the reason King never wore it is that he grew way to fast)


After freezing our butts off we headed to Qdoba for dinner. Another place that I don't really love, but we end up eating at a ton. The older kids were allowed to wear their costumes to school, but for some reason 1st grade and under were not. Netta was not a fan of this so of course we had to find one of our costumes that was enough like a regular dress that she could still wear it.


John was at home in an ambien induced coma during all this fun. Halloween morning he got PKR, the newer form of laser eye surgery and he basically had to sleep all weekend. I would joke that he had the easier weekend, but really the ambien didn't work very well for him and he was in a lot of pain. Luckily, the surgery went well and he survived that weekend and now he is finally free from glasses and contacts!



Since John was out of commission I had to find a way to stay at home and pass out candy while still letting the older kids trick or treat. Luckily, we have great friends from church who live like 2 doors down. The mom Laura is my friend and visiting teaching companion, they have a son Ryan who is EZ's age, they have a daughter Amanda who is in between Netta and King and their oldest daughter Heather babysits for us. Laura was kind enough to take EZ and Netta out with her kids. King absolutely refused to go out in the cold again and I wasn't going to make her deal with Conrad out there, even though she is great and she said she would have. 





No comments: