Monday, November 17, 2014

Sharon's Graduation

Our second trip to my parents this summer was for my niece Sharon's graduation. We started out the festivities with some leftover fireworks. We had to make up for the extreme lack of fireworks we had on the 4th. King had a blast even if he doesn't look so sure of it here.


Netta and Lucy had matching jammies that were once actually Grace's and Netta's. I love that we have Lucy to hand down Netta's clothes to. Rachel has been so generous with giving Netta clothes and it feels good to get to pass ours along as well.



Grandpa Steve won grandpa of the year by driving all the kids around the neighborhood on his motorcycle. King was the only hold out. In fact Conrad even took a turn and he would have ridden it over and over again, if the cop who lives in my dad's neighborhood hadn't come home ;) 




We took what it now becoming our traditional trip to the Drive-In for Ellie's birthday. Unfortunately, the only kids movie showing was Planes 2. The kids were fine with it, but me not so much.



Sharon's graduation was earlier in June, but we came for the party of course! My sister did a great job putting together an Asian themed party with great food and the biggest table of weird Asian candy I have ever seen. Luckily there was really amazing candy in the mix and it was a blast, although the thought of my niece graduation high school makes me feel really old. 


Another perk to coming for the party was that my Grandpa Bob and my Uncle Tom and Aunt Nancy also come to town for it. I have been really spoiled by them coming to visit when I come. Hopefully, now that we are closer to NY we can make the drive sometime to see them in Rochester. I have such found memories of my grandparents house that it would be so sad if my kids never got to see it.


Of course my kids loved all their cousin time and we learned that Uncle Jared is a master fort builder, The kids lived in this thing and took some great pictures in it as well.




Netta especially loved all of her girl cousin time. Here she is getting her finger nails and toe nails painted by Carol and Ellie. She is so spoiled. 

No comments: