Tuesday, December 25, 2012

October Part 2

The second half of October of course revolved all around Halloween. Netta, King, Conrad and I all made the annual trek to the Pumpkin Patch. I feel bad doing it while EZ is at school, but I don't want to deal with the crowds on the weekend and I need something to keep the other kiddos entertained while he is gone. Here is a group shot that my friend took of the kids in our group. I really thought I had taken some photos with my camera, but apparently not and really I can't blame myself since I was chasing 2 kids and carrying 1 in the baby bjorn. Thank goodness for friends. 


We also had multiple Halloween activities. The first was a Trunk or Treat at our church building. Conrad went as this absolutely adorable bat, thanks to my friend Sandy's costume. 


 Netta obviously was a Pirate. 


Here we have Sir EZ. 


And King as Buzz Lightyear, with his father the pimp. So classy. (in the September post I talked about Dell buying John and other managers costumes and this gem was one of them as well).


One last one of Conrad just because he is so dang cute.


Netta got the most bang for her buck since she also had a Halloween costume parade at school.  


A girl in her class came as a jellyfish, which has to be the coolest costume ever. 


On Halloween we went trick or treating in our neighborhood. We were really torn as to whether we should stay in our neighborhood or go somewhere else. I always complain about our neighborhood being lame and it was tempting to leave, but we decided that if we want it to get better we have to stay and support it. So we stayed in the neighborhood and it was good, but kind of lame. The kids got plenty of candy, but it took forever because maybe every 3rd house was actually handing out candy. I am glad we stayed though, because I felt bad for the other kids who were hiking all over and I didn't want our house to be another empty one and I wanted to support those people who did hand out candy. Here are the kids with their pumpkins. EZ and King both had costume changes. King is so obsessed with that Super Why costume that he is still wearing it out and about months later. 


John and I got to have a little fun at our friends' adult Halloween party. I was so excited to be out with only Conrad, but then I had a bit of an emotional break down as we were trying to get ready. It really isn't fun trying to come up with a costume when you are in the middle of trying to lose a bunch of baby weight. Especially since almost every Halloween costume out there is made for a hooker. Plus I was trying to shop for a costume with my kids in tow. Never a good idea. I actually almost bailed on the party and then I came up with this gem of a costume: the frazzled housewife. It was super easy to through together and it went with my mood perfectly. In the end the costume got a lot of laughs and I was glad I went and got some adult interaction.




No comments: