Tuesday, December 25, 2012

October Part 1

So here it is the end of December and I am just posting about October. I am going to do my best to crank out posts about the last 3 months while I have John home to help entertain the kids over Christmas break. Life with 4 is great, but we are in basic survival mode right now and unfortunately that means anything that doesn't keep my kids alive, aka blogging, goes on the back burner. So the beginning of October our neighborhood had a block party. Now for the most part our HOA sucks and I really wish we didn't have one, but last year and this year they did host a sweet block party as part of National Night Out. We made the most of the food, the bounce house, the raffles and of course the face painting. The best part for me was when the IPod someone was using to play music started playing some song that said the F word every other word. It took a while for the person in charge to notice and turn it off. Luckily my kids didn't notice and their favorite part was of course the face painting. 

Fall in Austin means Austin City Limits and of course John got his 3 day pass last year the minute they went on sale. He was supposed to get me a 1 day pass, but he "missed that email" and then they sold out. Really it was ok, because the whether wasn't great and I would have had to take Conrad and I am not sure how much pot I want him exposed to just yet ;). John of course took EZ and Netta one day to Austin Kiddie Limits. They always have so much fun and it makes for some really cute pictures. 


They always have someone spray painting hair and Netta always wants it and EZ always wants nothing to do with it.  


They both however love getting the tattoos . . .



. . . and rocking out with the kids from Austin School of Rock.



I was a little bit sad I missed all this fun with the kids, and my hormones may have made me cry over it a little, but I am glad they had so much fun with their dad and maybe I will brave the crowds next year.  

No comments: