Friday, August 15, 2008

EZ Loves Markers

EZ absolutely loves markers and coloring allover himself with them. Hence we have very few in the house and the few we have are well hidden. Unfortunately, we have to leave the house from time to time and that's when he gets into trouble.

Exhibit A:
We stayed with my parents in Pittsburgh for about a month between John graduating and us all moving to Austin. My father has a thing for sharpies and my brother has a thing for leaving bedroom doors that are supposed to be closed at all times open and when those two things combine with EZ you've got trouble.


When my sister found EZ he had obviously colored all over himself but had also found the time to color his sheets and my parents brand new sheets. What an artist. Oh and in case you were wondering hairspray doesn't take out sharpie.


Exhibit B:

We recently made the trip to Utah mainly to visit all of John's family, but I was also able to see my sisters in Provo and we spent a night at my sister Sarah's new place. Now Sarah just moved into this place and hasn't quite set everything up quite yet and we unknowingly left EZ in his pack in play within reach of a bin of markers and a stack of cd's. He kept making noises while he was supposed to be napping but I wanted him to fall asleep so I just ignored him. Well eventually he did fall asleep and this is how we found him:


The damage was extensive to both himself and my sister's new pillow.

So I write this post to apologize again to my family and give fair warning to anyone who might have us over.

P.S. Sorry about the weird spacing but when I publish the post it goes all crazy.

4 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Oh my gosh, what a little trouble-maker! Oh well, he's so cute that it makes up for everything!

Cynthia said...

I can totally relate. Kailtyn taught us the lesson that it is worth the extra expense of buying washable markers only. And the part about sharpie markers-I just cringed... that combined with a toddler is not good.

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Wow, what an artist. The pic with him sleeping in the pack n play is hilarious...what a little sinker:)

marlene said...

A belated welcome to the blogosphere. He is totally trouble, shouldn't have called him EZ. Hope you're keeping up. miss you---you're all still welcome in our home.