Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Happy Birthday Netta

Netta turned 7 on May 9th and this year she really wanted to go roller skating for her birthday. The school has a skating night once a month and even though I wanted the kids to go, because I remember doing that with my elementary school, we hadn't made it all year because it is always on a Tuesday night and that never worked well with our schedule. That and I didn't want to have to deal with King and Conrad at the rink. Well EZ and Netta both finally got to go for the last skate night of the school year, thanks to my friend Amberly letting them tag along with her, and they were both hooked.  Luckily, a skating party is actually a really good deal. It's 10 bucks a kid, but that includes all the supplies for the party, a choice of food, pop and ice cream. I think we will probably end up having a lot of parties here. 


As part of the party they have the birthday kids get in the middle of a big circle and they do the chicken dance and sing happy birthday to them. Of coures Netta loved having all that attention . . .


and I love this shot of her because it looks like she is trying to poop. HaHa


We decided just to stick with a rollerskating theme for her cupcakes and I found this cute idea for making skates out of candy to decorate with.


Netta is such a funny mix of girly girl and tom boy. She can potty talk with the best of them, thanks to her brothers, but she also loves all things sparkly. The one thing she really wanted for her birthday this year was hair chalk and she ended up getting it from 4 different kids, 3 of whom hadn't even asked what she wanted, they just knew she would love that! She was very excited about each and every one she got. She is a born performer and a good friend. She is my buddy for girl time and I am so glad we were blessed with her!

No comments: