Monday, July 27, 2015

April Happenings

When we were planning our Disney World Trip, we had planned on only staying till Friday, but then much to my surprise, the Saturday flights home went on sale and were so cheap that we could save enough money flying home later to pay for the extra hotel night. (Southwest is amazing!)Then on top of that Disney started running a buy 4 days get 1 free promotion and so we got an extra day and all we really paid for was food. That was really exciting although it did mean I had to do my Easter shopping ahead of time because we got home the day before. That is a very small price to pay ;)





For some reason, after Church King and Netta decided that they both needed facial hair and gave themselves these lovely looks.


Getting home so late did mean that we actually didn't dye our eggs till after we got our baskets. Oops.



That evening we went to our have dinner at the Reeve's house with some other friends from church. It was so nice to have some "family" to be with for the holiday and it was an amazing dinner. We all brought eggs so the kids could have an egg hunt outside. Not sure why their is no picture of Netta from that, but I promise she was there.


 EZ is a goofball and every time I ask him for a big smile, this is what I get.


The kids have become really obsessed with Pokemon as of late and they even found this website that lets you make your own cards. These are the cards they made for John and I. Poor John is not a mean dad, but based on the cards I would think the kids are more scared of him then me. HaHa



 We finally made it to story time with King and Conrad at our library, now that the school year is almost over, and I am glad we did because the craft afterwards was making a treasure box and inside each kid got a token to ride the carousal! We will take a free carousel ride anytime. We love the hats and masks they have for you to wear. I just try to pretend that germs aren't a thing.


Mid-month it was finally warm enough to have our first "beach day." Meaning, we could take off our jackets and play in the sand without freezing to death. For some reason, King really wanted me to get a picture of him on the bridge and he had to be squatting with his arms out.


I had no idea that throwing sand into the water was so much fun, but I could not get these 2 to stop.



Conrad is crazy and insisted on taking his slightly wet pants off and he even started wading in the water. It was freaking freezing, but he didn't seem to mind.



One Saturday, the cooking school at Martin's grocery store had a daddy daughter event called "Papas, Princesses and Pancakes." I wish they had a daddy daughter dance somewhere here, but this is probably the next best thing. Netta got to meet the local "Blossomtime" princesses and make an amazing breakfast with John. She also got an apron and crown and John got this lovely chef's hat. I love seeing him be such a good dad.


No comments: