Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fun at Grandma and Grandpa's

At the end of June we took our first of 3 summer trips to see Grandma and Grandpa. This time we went so we could overlap with Katie and Brad coming to visit from Texas. We got there a few days before them so we could have a slightly quieter house, before it got super crowded. Part of the reason it is so crowded is that my sister Meghan and her family just moved back to Pennsylvania and are living with my parents till they can get settled in a place of their own. It might make things a little crazy, but it also makes them awesome since it means we have friends to play with during the day. There were a couple times where I ended up having to watch all 7 kids for a couple of hours and I will admit I needed  Pepsi Max to make it through, but the kids had a blast. King is absolutely obsessed with his new cousin Sammy. He wants to hold him all the time and if he isn't holding him he wants to be sitting guard next to him. King can be our little stinker sometimes, but he is so sweet when it comes to babies and I kind of feel guilty, cause that ship has sailed at the Brown house.


My parents yard is awesome, so the kids spend a lot of time out there in the kiddie pool and playing with the house.


Netta really wanted me to get this picture of her after my dad sprayed her with the mister on the house and she had little bubbles in her hair. The girl is always ready to strike a pose.


Meghan's boy Timmy is a beast and when he wants to hug you he will hug up and then take you down. For some reason he really liked hugging EZ and he kept pinning him to the couch.


 When he wasn't hugging EZ, Timmy and Conrad were watching movies in the back room. They each had their own little folding chair and they would just sit back there so nicely. In fact it was the best way to keep them from fighting over other toys.


Of course we had to go to Kennywood at some point this summer and this trip worked out the best because they had buy 1 get 1 free days. My dad was able to take some time off from work to head there early with me so my older kids could ride a lot and then Meghan and her family, my mom, and Katie and her family joined us later. We all started in Kiddieland, but poor EZ is too big for a bunch of rides in there now.




Luckily, my friend Erin from high school lives right by Kennywood and she was able to join us as well. It was so cute to watch Conrad and her son Lux ride the rides together.


Because she was there with me it gave my dad a chance to take EZ by himself to ride the biggest rides. Then they came back and got Netta to ride the big, but not biggest rides. I love that EZ is over his fear of rides and Netta has never had any. These pics of the kids on the whip are always the best.



I love getting to catch up with Erin and I also love the fact that we both still look like we are 12.


My dad snapped this picture of the kids with the Kennywood mascot. King was not enthused as usual even though he was actually having fun. I am so grateful we are able to drive to my parents house now and we will be keeping the Kennywood tradition alive!


Our trip almost got extended when there was a huge storm in Michigan that knocked the power out for 2 1/2 days. I was glad I was at my parents and poor John just had to sweat it out. Luckily, the power came back on the day we had planned to head home. We were luckily that the storm didn't really damage our home, but we did find some sweet hug branches impaled in the ground. Not sure this is what I had envisioned our Michigan summer being like.



No comments: