Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy Birthday King!

King turned 3 on May 4th and since he is somewhat obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba, we had to have a Yo Gabba Gabba party. Since he is still young and doesn't exactly play well with other kids his age, we just had some family friends over. I found this idea for Yo Gabba Gabba cupcakes online and with the assistance of Sam's Club and their variety of frosting colors, I was able to put it together. So they were semi-homemade. 


We played pin the eye on Muno. 


And had a pinata. I learned a good trick about pinatas. Hobby Lobby sells the same brand of pinatas that Party City sells, but they start out at $13 instead of $19 and you can always use a 40% off coupon. They don't have as much selection, but if they have something you like you can save a ton. 


King got all things Yo Gabba Gabba, including a new bedding set and this awesome car seat cover. When I bought Netta her car seat, I got a little carried away with the girly theme and now I have just boys after her, so I had to find someway to cover it and this ended up being perfect!


Sarah and Casey got him a Yo Gabba Gabba outfit that he changed into before blowing out the candles. I think he wore the outfit 3 days straight. Like I said he is somewhat obsessed and hey that just meant one less kid to get ready in the morning!



All and all it was a great party and I was happy to only have to celebrate his birthday once, unlike Netta and EZ who had to have family celebrations, school celebrations and then friend parties. These May birthdays are exhausting, but so worth it!



No comments: